- “gorgeous storytelling” – The New York Times Book Review
- “felt throughout like I never wanted to leave Rukku and Viji’s sides” – Matthew Winner, Today Show
- “beautifully rendered tale, both harrowing and heartrending” – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bridges of Understanding – India Currents
- A Washington Post Summer Book Club Selection!
- To sign up for the ‘make a difference book club’ this summer (the 1st 500 kids to sign up get a free watch! and there are seven other wonderful books on this list), visit KidsPost Summer Book Club
- A Project LIT community selection (#ProjectLIT #JustReadIt)
- Find out more about Project Lit by visiting amazing teacher Jarred Amato.
- A Global Read Aloud 2019 selection (#GRA19 #GRABridge)
- The Bridge Home is the #GlobalReadAloud 2019 MG selection! I look forward to connecting with readers this fall via my blog posts on this website (please follow this blog – button on the left to stay updated) and on twitter (follow me at padmatv). A few resources including a pronunciation guide and a discussion guide are already posted under Resources (top right menu button, drop down to The Bridge Home #GRABridge tab). I’ll be adding more tools and videos in the summer months. If you’ve developed a teaching resource for The Bridge Home and are willing to share it with the world, please get in touch with me, I’d love to hear about it and add it to my list with a credit to you, of course. During the #GRA19 weeks, I’ll be posting regularly and answering questions posted as comments here. I will also be offering a few free Skype visits and hope to do some other contests and giveaways. Discover more about rockstar librarian Pernille Ripp, who founded the project a decade ago, sign up on her website or join the fb community. Thanks to everyone who voted!
- An audiophile magazine earphone winner! I narrated the book, so if you want to listen to me reading it aloud, you can!
- THANKS to everyone who has supported The Bridge Home. It’s received so many wonderful online reviews and been featured on so many incredible podcasts and videos. At the time of writing, my 4 novels have garnered a total of 17 starred reviews, and I’m thrilled that THE BRIDGE HOME will soon be translated into Vietnamese, Korean and French and that it will be released in India as well. I’m so deeply grateful for all of this, eleven years after I began climbing the stairs as an author.